When you have all the required information, log in to Bizfile+ using your Singpass to submit your application.

Under the eServices menu, navigate to “Local Company” followed by “Start a New Local Company”. Click on “Application for New Company Name” and complete the form.

You can choose to either apply for the proposed company name and incorporate the company in a single application, or to complete them in two steps. If you choose the latter, you will need to provide the transaction number of your approved company name application to proceed with the “Incorporation of Local Company” transaction.

Once your incorporation application has been approved, BizFile+ will send an email to the appointed officers (e.g. directors, shareholders and company secretary) to request for their endorsement. They can also access the email from their personal dashboard in BizFile+. All appointed officers must endorse their appointments in BizFile+ within 60 days from the date of the email. Otherwise, your application will lapse.

The fee for the name application is $15. The fee for registering a company is $300. You can pay using credit/debit card (Visa, MasterCard or American Express), PayPal, Apple Pay or Google Pay.

About UEN and Special UEN

A unique entity number (UEN) is an identification number that is automatically generated when a company has successfully registered with ACRA. All companies need to include their company name and UEN in business letters, statements of account, invoices, official notices and other correspondences. They also need to cite their UEN when transacting with government agencies. By default, your company’s UEN will be automatically generated by BizFile+.

If you want to have a UEN that is easy to remember and identify with, you can choose a preferred UEN from a list of reserved UENs for $1,000 (Tier 2) or $3,000 (Tier 1). This preferred UEN is known as Special UEN (SUN). This service is optional.

Find out more about Special UEN .

Foreigners who wish to incorporate a local company

Foreigners without a Singpass will need to engage a registered filing agent to submit the company name and incorporation applications on their behalf.

Read our guide for foreigners registering a business in Singapore .

Did you find this page useful?
back to top