A Unique Entity Number (UEN) is an identification number that is generated for a business entity, following successful incorporation/registration with ACRA. All business entities need to use the UEN when transacting with government agencies. This UEN is issued free of charge to business entities.
From 9 February 2018, entity owners can choose, at a fee, a preferred UEN from a list of reserved UENs during entity incorporation/registration or conversion. This preferred UEN is known as Special UEN (SUN). Those who do not wish to apply for a SUN will continue to be issued with a free system-generated UEN. SUN enables entity owners to more easily identify with and remember their own UEN when transacting with government agencies.
How to Apply for SUN
Entity owners can apply for SUN at (a) the point of incorporating/registering an entity and (b) conversion to another entity type. The option to select a SUN is available at the payment stage for applicable transactions in BizFile+ (see examples below).
Example: Applying for SUN during incorporation/registration of an entity
Example: Applying for SUN during incorporation/registration of multiple entities
Types of SUN
Entity owners who would like to apply for the SUN service can choose their preferred UENs through two tiers as follows:
- Fee: S$3,000 per SUN
- SUN is defined as number with consecutive same number, or any number combination involving the number ‘8’
- Fee: S$1,000 per SUN
- SUN is defined as number with repetitive pattern (excluding the number ‘8’), or ending with triple identical number (such as ‘222’, ‘666’, ‘777’)
Examples of SUN under each tier:
Note: The underlined parts are prefix and suffix of UEN which are system-generated and cannot be changed.
Applicable BizFile+ Transactions for SUN Service
|Incorporation of Entity
|Incorporation of Entity
|Conversion of Entity Type
|Incorporation of Local Company
- Application to Register Person(s) and Business Name
- Application to Register a New Limited Partnership (LP)
- Application to Register a New Limited Liability Partnership (LLP)
- Application for Approval of Public Accounting Firm (PAF)
- Conversion from Public Accounting Corporation to Accounting LLP
- Conversion from Public Accounting Firm to Accounting LLP
- Conversion of Business to LLP
- Conversion of Company to LLP
Frequently Asked Questions
Please click here to access the list of FAQs on SUN.
Please refer to the following help resources to find out more about SUN.