Keeping your company information up-to-date
Once your company is incorporated, the information that you had provided may change over time. A company director or secretary has the duty and responsibility to keep ACRA updated if there are any changes to the following:
- Change in company address and operating hours.
- Change in business activity.
- New appointment of directors, company secretary, CEO and auditor.
- Cessation of directors, company secretary, CEO and auditor.
- Change in particulars of directors, company secretary, CEO and auditor.
- Change in particulars of shareholders.
- Allotment of new shares.
- Transfer of shares between shareholders.
Most of the business information filed with ACRA is made accessible to the public. This is to facilitate trade and interactions among businesses and members of the public, enhance transparency and enable the public to conduct due diligence on the business entities and the people who operate them. It is therefore important that the information on your company in ACRA’s registers is up-to-date.
You must inform ACRA within 14 days from date of change by filing the appropriate transaction via BizFile+. A penalty may be imposed for late notification.
Read our guide on updating your company information.