The next step is to appoint officers in your company. You will need to provide their personal identification details, contact information (telephone number and e-mail address) and residential addresses when submitting the incorporation application online via Bizfile+. After the application has been submitted, all proposed directors and the company secretary must endorse their consent online via BizFile+. After incorporation, any changes have to be filed in Bizfile+. Please see Related eServices at the bottom of the page for the transaction links.
Officers of a company include the following:
A director is the person in charge of managing the affairs of the company. He must make decisions objectively and in the best interests of the company. Every company must have at least 1 director who is locally resident in Singapore (e.g. Singapore citizens, Permanent residents or holders of EntrePass/ Employment Pass). Here are the basic requirements for a company director. He must be:
- At least 18 years old;
- Of full legal capacity;
- A Singapore Citizen, Singapore Permanent Resident or EntrePass/ Employment Pass holder.
- Cannot be disqualified from acting as a director of a company e.g. an undischarged bankrupt.
- A EP holder wishing to become the director of a local company must first get a Letter of Consent (LOC) from the Ministry of Manpower
- FIN holders are advised to seek consent from the relevant pass issuing authority (e.g. MOM/ ICA) before registering or taking on appointment (e.g. Director, Secretary)
A company must appoint a secretary within 6 months from its incorporation date. A company secretary must be:
- A natural person;
- Locally resident in Singapore.
The position of company secretary must not be left vacant for more than 6 months. The sole director of a company and the company secretary cannot be the same person.
Chief Executive Officer and/or Managing Director
A company can choose to appoint a Chief Executive Officer (CEO) and Managing Director to manage and oversee all or part of the company’s business. It is not compulsory to appoint either CEO or Managing Director with ACRA.
Every company must appoint an auditor within 3 months of incorporation, unless it is exempted from audit requirements under relevant sections of the Companies Act. Read more about the small company concept for audit exemption here.