A foreigner, who wants to register an LP in Singapore, is required to appoint a locally resident manager (e.g. Singapore citizens, Permanent residents or holders of EntrePass/ Employment Pass). The foreigner can continue to reside outside Singapore.

FIN holders are advised to to check with the relevant pass issuing authority (e.g.MOM/ ICA) on their eligibility before registering or taking on an appointment (e.g. manager).

Foreigners who wish to be present in Singapore to manage the operations of an LP must seek approval from the Ministry of Manpower after registering the LP.

The foreigner must engage the services of a registered filing agent (e.g. law firm, accounting firm or corporate secretarial firm) to submit the online application on his/her behalf.

Individuals who have a Singpass may register the LP online via BizFile+ (ACRA’s online filing system) using their NRIC or FIN and Singpass.

Any person above the age of 18 years old can be a partner of a Limited Partnership.

Did you find this page useful?
back to top