Develop your career with the Skills Framework for Accountancy
The Skills Framework maps out career paths in 43 job roles.
The Skills Framework for Accountancy is a career guide that equips individuals to make informed career choices, and take responsibility to upgrade their skills, helping them to stay relevant and benefit from new opportunities. It identifies emerging skills required in the industry, and training programmes for 43 job roles in 10 tracks. The tracks are:
- Financial Accounting
- Management Accounting
- Internal Audit
- Business Valuation
- Restructuring and Insolvency
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Financial Forensics
- Enterprise Risk Management
The Skills Framework provides:
- Sector information – key statistics, trends and workforce profiles;
- Career pathways – vertical and lateral progression pathways;
- Job roles – information on 104 existing and emerging technical skills, and 18 generic skills.
The Skills Framework will benefit:
- Individuals who wish to join or progress within the Accountancy sector;
- Employers keen to invest in training their employees;
- Education and training providers which need insights on sector trends, and existing and emerging skills that are in demand to design programmes for the sector;
- Government, unions and professional bodies which need to analyse skills gaps and design appropriate initiatives to upgrade manpower capabilities.
The Skills Framework for the Accountancy sector was developed by the SkillsFuture Singapore (SSG), Workforce Singapore (WSG), the Institute of Singapore Chartered Accountants (ISCA) and the Singapore Accountancy Commission (SAC), together with employers, industry associations, and education and training institutions. The first version was launched in 2017, and the refreshed version was launched in 2020.
Download the Skills Framework here (PDF, 4.3MB).