Q1) What is the Essentials of Starting a Business (ESB) programme?
The Essentials of Starting a Business or ESB for short is an online training programme developed by ACRA specifically for aspiring entrepreneurs.
Q2) What is ACRA’s purpose in developing this programme?
The purpose of the ESB is to educate aspiring entrepreneurs about the different business entities and how to choose the correct entity to meet their needs.
Q3) How many modules are there in ESB?
There are 8 modules:
1. Starting a Business
2. What you need to get the business going
3. Filing Tax Returns for Sole-Propietors and Partners
4. Filing Corporate Income Tax Returns
5. Goods and Services Tax (GST)
6. Contirbuting to CPF for employees
7. Contributing MediSave for Self-Employed Individuals
8. Personal Data Protection Act
Q4) Is there a fee payable for attending this programme?
No. This programme is being offered free of charge.
Q5) How long will it take me to complete the programme?
If you attempt to finish the programme in one sitting, it should take you about 2 hours.