If the public accounting firm / PAC / Accounting LLP does not wish to continue providing public accountancy services, the public accountant may apply to revoke the entity.
Public accountancy services means the audit and reporting on financial statements and performing acts that are required by law to be performed by a public accountant.
Requirements for Revocation
You can apply to cease (revoke) your public accounting firm / public accounting corporation / accounting limited liability partnership anytime of the year if you do not wish to continue providing public accountancy services under the entities provided that:
- There is no complaint or information against the public accounting firm / PAC / Accounting LLP or any of the public accountants practising in the entities received by ACRA under the Accountants Act; or
- There are no disciplinary proceedings pending under the Accountants Act against the public accounting firm / PAC / Accounting LLP or any of the public accountants practising in the entities; or
- The conduct of business of the public accounting firm / PAC / Accounting LLP is not the subject of an inquiry or investigation by a Complaints Committee or Disciplinary Committee under the Accountants Act.
Who Can Make the Application
The public accountant or professional firms or registered filing agents (on behalf of the public accountant) can make the application to cancel the registration as a public accountant.
How to Make the Application
The public accountant may do so himself, or engage the services of a registered filing agent (e.g. law firm, accounting firm or corporate secretarial firm) to assist in his submission.
For Public Accounting Firm and PAC
|Step 1: Log on to BizFile+
Log on to BizFile+ via CorpPass or engage the services of a registered filing agent (e.g. law firm, accounting firm or corporate secretarial firm) who would log in with their CorpPass to submit an online application on your behalf.
|Step 2: Submit
Submit an online application via CorpPass.
No payment is required.
In the case of a PAC
The public accountant would need to indicate if he would like to:
- Terminate as a PAC and as a company (after which he would need to file a separate transaction to strike-off / wind-up the company – see section on "Closing a Local Company" for details or
- Cease as a PAC but continue as a company to provide non-public accountancy services (in which case, he would have to change the suffix of the entity since it is no longer a PAC).
For Accounting LLP
Please refer to the section on:
What to do After Applying
You can expect an outcome of your application between 14 to 21 working days.