When registering your business with ACRA, you must provide the addresses listed below. A P.O. Box address cannot be used for any of these addresses.

Watch a video summary on Types of Addresses Registered with ACRA

Business Address (For sole-proprietorships, partnerships, and LPs)

A Business Address is the place where you carry out your business.

Under the Home Office Scheme, you may use your residential address as the business address. This scheme applies to both HDB and private properties. You will need to seek prior approval from HDB or URA respectively.

Registered Office Address (For companies and LLPs)

A registered office address refers to the place where all communications and notices to the company or LLP may be addressed, and the place where the company’s or LLP’s register and records are kept.

A registered office must be operational and accessible to the public during normal office hours, but need not be where the company or LLP conducts its activities (e.g. registered office address is in Raffles Place, but the factory is in Tuas).

Residential Address

All business owners and company officers must provide their residential address to ACRA at the point of registration. These addresses are made publicly available when the public purchases information about the business entity. Alternatively, you can consider the Alternate Address (below) if you prefer not to disclose your residential addresses publicly.

Alternate Address

For personal data protection purposes, business owners and company officers have the option of registering an Alternate Address for $40.  Once you have registered an Alternate Address, it will be displayed in ACRA’s public records instead of your residential address.  However, all official correspondences from ACRA will continue to be sent to your residential address. You are therefore still required to submit your residential address for record purposes. 

The alternate address must be an address where you can be contacted (e.g. your office, your corporate service provider’s office, etc.), and must be within the same jurisdiction as the residential address. It cannot be a P.O. Box address. 

Did you find this page useful?
back to top