“A business, successful or not, is merely a reflection of the character of its leadership.”
- Samuel Truett Cathy, Founder of American fast food chain, Chick-fil-A
The Accountancy Future Leaders Programme (AFLP) is designed to develop more competitive Small and Medium-sized Practices (SMPs) by developing their up-coming leaders. The programme will equip them with leadership capabilities, market insights and business growth strategies to seize opportunities in a market that is becoming increasingly complex, globally interdependent, and digitalised.
The six-day programme is an initiative by the Institute of Singapore Chartered Accountants (ISCA) in partnership with the Accounting and Corporate Regulatory Authority, and supported by the Economic Development Board.
Candidates must be:
- Professional accountants working in SMPs
- Middle to senior level professionals with a minimum of 10 years of experience
- Identified by the Managing Partner as having high potential to take on key leadership positions
The six-day programme comprises two components:
PHASE 1 (E-Learning): Effective Leadership in Practice
A 1.5-hour module to help participants to develop an understanding on the attributes of a good leader and the common styles of leadership in practice.
- Understand the traits of effective leadership and common practices of good leaders
- Analyse the various leadership styles you can potentially adopt in your practice
- Align your leadership style to fit your organisation's culture and context
PHASE 2: Facilitated Workshops
The six-day workshop will cover:
- Business strategy (18 & 19 May 2023, 9am - 5pm)
- People strategy (15 & 16 Jun 2023, 9am - 5pm)
- Technology strategy (20 & 21 Jul 2023, 9am- 5pm)
Click here for more details on the facilitated workshops.
(after 30% group discount for organisations with two or more participants)
|Full Programme Fee per participant
|Full Programme Fee per participant (after training grant)
Singaporean participants are eligible to be funded at 50% of the full Programme fee (before GST) if they meet the criteria below.
- Singapore Citizen
- Nominated by his/her employer to participate in the Programme
- Took the course for the first time
- Completed all e-learning module and facilitated workshops
- Cost of training was fully sponsored by his/her employer and payment was made via corporate payment channels (e.g. corporate cheque, corporate credit card)
- The applicant has not received any other government grants for the Programme (e.g Economic Development Board, capitation from the Ministry of Education, SkillsFuture Singapore, etc)
All applicants are required to pay the full Programme fee upon registration. The Training Grant of 50% of the full Programme Fee will be reimbursed by ISCA upon completion of the Programme.
For registration and more information, click here.